Ok, like everybody, the first thing I thought when I saw the word award in my comments was, “Awww, that’s so nice.” Followed closely by:
It’s a major award!
Then I was all, “Wait a minute. This could be some kind of cosmic karma Internet joke for putting the word “Hundevagina” out there.” It’s not. It’s legit. Chloe wouldn’t do that, y’all. I can’t believe you guys thought such a thing.
The Liebster Award is a way to recognize up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It’s a great way to get to know each other and share some love. This particular Liebster Award is being given to those participating in the Blogging A to Z Challenge.
To accept this award, there are a few things I need to do.
First, I put the award on my blog. Ok, done.
Second, I list 11 random facts about me. Here we go…
- I hate mornings. Always have, ask anyone.
- I’m super pissed at whoever pulled the plug on Pluto. It screwed up both of my planet mnemonic devices.
- Most of my family calls me JuJu. My sisters all call each other ‘sister’. That’s how we call out to each other in stores and people always look at us like we’re crazy or maybe they think we’re sister wives…I have no idea.
- Once I dreamt that my garden gnomes came alive and tried to steal my medication. I blame the medication.
- I hate dealing with mail so there are piles of it all over our office. Seriously, please don’t send me mail, unless it’s money, then it would help if you put it in a giant fluorescent envelope.
- My sisters, our friends and I have attended the local fall craft fairs since 1989. Last year, 19 women slept all over my house for craft fair weekend. We have a cheer and we all wear giant witch hats. Volker leaves the house that weekend.
- My husband says that I collect “shit” but I only collect awesome treasures like cat wine.
- I love to paint. Karrie Evenson is my art teacher and she’s ridiculously good at it – teaching and painting.
- I still have a Christmas wreath on my fireplace. I’m just not sure where I’m supposed to store the thing so it stays up there.
- My dog, Emmy, loves The Ellen Show. She sits and stares at the TV but only when Ellen is on, otherwise, she is not interested in television. She’s kind of a snob that way.
- The first thing I ever said to my now husband was, “Man, you are grumpy.” Not “Hello” or “I love your country.” I called him grumpy. Now he has t-shirts and hats with Grumpy from Snow White and wears them golfing.
Third, I answer 11 questions from Chloe:
If you had to pick you final meal what would you choose?
I’ve been sick all week so the idea of food…ick. If I had to pick right now, it’d be broth and after this week, I’m not sure if I’d be wrong.
If you could only have one book of fiction to read forever, which would it be?
I could no sooner pick a favorite star in the heavens. Yes, I just quoted Ever After. It happens a lot. Did I just skirt another question? I’ll do better, I promise.
What would you name yourself if you could choose your own name?
Penelope Potty Mouth or Donna Noble – Donna Noble would have to be said as one word and with a British accent, otherwise scratch that one.
What is the best thing about blogging?
All of the other bloggers! And getting to curse all I want without a single dirty look – I can’t see you looking at your screen.
Why did you choose to take part in the A to Z challenge?
First, Twitter. Then I saw a comment on an A to Z Challenge thread made by Maple Syrup Land, so I checked out her blog and then I sent her a direct message on Facebook like a super stalker and she talked me into it. It didn’t take much. She said, “You should do it.” I’m an easy mark for peer pressure.
Have you preplanned any posts, Q or X or Z perhaps?
I wish. I signed up about two hours before this thing started and I’ve been playing catch-up ever since.
Describe a brief embarrassing memory.
When I was in 1st grade, I was walking home from school and really had to pee. I held it for as long as I could but my bladder is a jerk and I couldn’t wait so I plopped onto the ground and let it go. I was sitting in about a foot of snow and it started to mysteriously change color. About the time I was surrounded by a giant circle of yellow, a school bus full of kids from my class pulled up to the stop sign leaving the kids in perfect eye shot of my predicament. Yay. Really, I turned out mostly fine and if I think long and hard about it, this might not be the worst embarrassment I’ve had to recover from. Once, I ran through the restaurant I worked in projectile vomiting in front of dining customers – that one was bad as well. Sorry, that’s more than one and not very brief. I’m new.
Who influences you?
Which three words best describe you?
Tired. Lucky. Jovial.
What makes you happy?
My ridiculously handsome husband bringing me coffee in the morning (more like afternoon), my brilliant daughter’s attempts to save the world and my family – the whole crazy lot of them.
What is your favorite word?
I blogged about it yesterday. It’s a phrase – Fick die Henne! My apologies to any Germans reading this post. Cussing in German when you live in the US is awesome. Rarely is anyone offended.
Fourth and final, I nominate 11 blogs I think are deserving of this award.
To my Liebster Nominees, you are under no obligation to accept this award. However, it is an awesome opportunity to get other bloggers. If you decide to accept the award in it’s current format and specific to Blogging A to Z participants, here’s what you need do.
Post the award on your blog
Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their site
Post 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you want to pass the award on to
Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own choosing
Here are your 11 questions from me…
- How long have you liked Doctor Who? If you don’t like Doctor Who (Really!?) then what is your favorite TV show?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What superpower do you wish you possessed? Why?
- Do you have any gnomes in your yard? Do they come alive at night and try to steal your medication like they do at my house? If not, who is your favorite fictional character? Why?
- Movies or Books?
- What would be your weapon of choice for the Zombie Apocalypse?
- Are you a Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, or Charlotte? I don’t know what the male equivalent to the Sex in the City characters are so, what TV character best describes you?
- Describe a brief embarrassing memory (I had to, y’all).
- Have you ever been or are you now a vegan?
- Which John Hughes (any director is fine) movie best describes your adolescence? Why?
And the nominees are…(Some of you may have a bazillion followers and already came up and went – I wasn’t sure, I just really like your blogs. Remember, I’m new.
and last but not least, my new Obi-Wan Kenobi of the blogosphere, Maple Syrup Land
Y’all have fun!