The rules are as follows:
I’m going to break the rules and talk about my “You so inspire me” bloggers first.
It may be a major blogging faux pas to include all sized blogs in this but what the hell – I did it any way. I’m new, y’all. Some are big, some are small…ALL ARE AWESOME!
Skip to my Lou – This is one of my real life best friends. She’s a crafting/baking maniac and she is A-freaking-MAZING. I’m pretty sure Cindy is some kind of super-human. She makes me braver.
Don’t Call Me Marge – She’s hilarious and thought provoking. What more could you want?
Maple Syrup Land – Hating 26 things has never been so funny and she’s my blogging Obi Wan – I send her crazy, ranty direct messages on Facebook, only not from my page account because I can’t figure out how that works.
Laugh-Quotes – Seriously, the best travel tips – EVER! And the pics are fabulous.
Filing Jointly…Finally – Her stories are a riot. She’s one of the reasons I started blogging. I love this woman but not in a creepy way.
The Bloggess – That’s right, bitches, THE knock-knock-motherfuckin’ BLOGGESS. She is my super-hero of awesomeness and has inspired me in so many ways. I’m a fan. Who else could make you WANT crazy taxidermy all over your house? Seriously, name one person. If you haven’t read her – REALLY!? – start with this one.
Tommia’s Tablet – I wish I saw the world as she does. Her world is more beautiful than mine. And mine is amazing, if that tells you anything.
Gerbera Daisy Diaries – A great mom and friend. She makes me want to read more.
Days with the Undead – I have a list of about 20 movies I want to watch after reading her A to Z Challenge posts.
Delightfully Ludicrous – It all started with needing some Rocky Road and now I can’t get enough of Kellie! Smart and funny AND she probably has a really cool accent.
My Life as Lucille – I need to transfer her social media prowess into my brain. In the past, I’ve totally stalked her quietly. One of the blogs I read and fail to comment on – sometimes I’m a total dork and that part of my dorkiness stops today. My love for her is now public record on the internet, y’all. I’ll be going all comment crazy!
Something Clever 2.0 – Clever, funny and another social media goddess. She also roller-skates and sews…it’s like we’re the same person…maybe not the goddess part.
Another Clean Slate – Yeah, I just re-awarded the award giver. I swear we were the same 12-year-old. I didn’t have blonde hair but I did have the giant glasses and eager beaver mentality. Always entertaining.
Poke the Rock – She’s sunshine on a cloudy day.
The Incoherent Ramblings of a Moose – Lily is a genius. GENIUS, I say. She’s hilarious. Go read her blog now before Spawn takes over the internet and shuts her down.
Ok, if you’re still here – and why would you be? I just gave you 15 examples of awesome. Here are 7 things about me…
1. I’m a super geeky Doctor Who fan. David Tennant. Nuf said.
2. I’ve seen the Les Miserable musical a bazillion times – once in German. I love me some Jean Valjean. I like to pretend I can sing like Eponine. Spoiler alert – I can’t.
3. My dad can play any instrument with strings. I wish I could. He taught himself to play at age nine on what we think is an old guitar that belonged to Hank Williams. Really. I’m so not kidding. Hank Jr. wasn’t interested in this story. Asshole.
4. I spend 80% of my day in bed. Not the good kind. I have a lot of illnesses and my medical bills have sent many a doctor’s kid through college. I’m on some great pharmaceuticals now and doing much better than I was a few years ago when it sucked up the place and was the #1 suck time in suck history.
5. I just bought my first Karrie Evenson original painting. I’m stoked! I’ll post pictures as soon as it’s framed. I love art and I’m happy to support local artists when I can.
6. My sisters are the funniest people I know. Sheli and I used to stay up all night and record ad lib commercials about petunia stores. I so wish I had those tapes. She is hilarious!
7. My home town is Miami, Oklahoma. Home of the Wardogs and Tar Creek (don’t google that – it might be why I spend 80% of my time in bed). We would get on our bikes at dawn and not come home until dark. It was a great place to grow up.
Ok, that’s some new stuff about me. Share something about you!